Industrial solutions made by PARAVAN: high-performance systems for safety-related applications
PARAVAN develops and supplies autonomous and independent drive systems for electric motors used in safety-related industrial applications. Road-approved with active multiple redundancy and the only one of its kind in the world – a genuine breakthrough. Input commands for acceleration, braking, or steering are forwarded via microprocessors to a wide variety of servomotors. Input commands can be pre-programmed or relayed via a digital input device. Flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and safety in a single system. What can we do for you?
Drive-by-wire application example
Our safety concept is based on the active multiple redundancy incorporated into all components, including the cable sets. Each pair of servomotors is fitted with a PARAVAN CPU – with several processors – which also controls and monitors them. Steering, braking, and acceleration signals are transmitted three times (multi-channel) to the PARAVAN CPU directly via high-quality cable sets. Every data transfer is continuously monitored and verified.
The new PARAVAN system has a wealth of controls. This means that individual adjustments can be made to meet all kinds of technical and personal requirements. The VFD display has been completely revised and has integrated LED background lighting in a range of different colours. We also recommend our new 8" touch screen display for use with the PARAVAN product range. The new display is insensitive to sunlight and also features GPS and Wi-Fi. EMC testing complies with Directive 72/245/EEC regarding the international automotive standard (as amended by 95/54/EC). It is easy to order our system as individual components or as a specially conceived installation kit (single or dual package). We would also be happy to install the system in prototype vehicles.
PARAVAN motor drive system: individual components
Display, check control, and software
The new Space Drive software is something we have developed all on our own. Perfect implementation of customised solutions. Parameter settings are possible during operation – simple and with no need for a restart.
- 8" touch screen display
- Insensitive to sunlight
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
PC software: WIN 32/64 bit/MAC OS, system status, updates, settings, fault diagnostics, data memory, secondary controls, etc.
PARAVAN drive-by-wire technology: innovative, autonomous, multifunctional
With its intelligent industrial solutions, PARAVAN has revolutionised vehicle technology and has become a global player in no time at all. It acts as a one-stop shop for research and development expertise, software, and mechanical engineering. This approach opens up a wealth of new possibilities. PARAVAN offers mobility with no limits – even to those with very severe disabilities. The entire range of utility vehicles can benefit from what is on offer. With the unique drive-by-wire steering and drive system, which is approved for use on the road, the technology company from Germany's Swabia region is creating a real sensation. Goods vehicles, jeeps, crawler tractors, snowcats, mining trucks, equipment carriers, tunnelling machines, and municipal vehicles are made safer and more ergonomic. PARAVAN's innovative systems are proving their worth around the world in various commercial enterprises. During humanitarian missions and rescues and in crisis-hit regions, they support motorised use without endangering the drivers of vehicles. There is even an option for remote control from a helicopter! Joystick steering has long been the favoured option in agriculture and among municipal service providers. The PARAVAN drive-by-wire system is not just available as a system-based solution, but also offers flexibility as a component-based solution.
key facts at a glance
- Active redundancy: motors with multiple safety features and full power, even if a control circuit fails
- Failure memory in several components (recording of relevant events)
- Sufficient pedal travel and power for all vehicles, even if the control circuit in the vehicle fails
- Permanent status querying for components
- Speed-sensitive steering means steering feels natural when driving at high speeds.
- Better braking at low speeds thanks to automatic adjustment to pedal travel and pedal power
- Various throttle curves now available
- Parameters may be set (adjusted) via PC and touch panel to suit each customer and their needs (in online mode).
- One-click support via our innovative and completely redesigned diagnostics tool
- Integrated interface
- Optimal and flexible design to suit all vehicles
- Option to switch between various languages = control and fault description through easy-to-understand fair copy with no coding
- Impossible to amend parameters without authorisation
- Innovative modular system for controls for greater individual choice
- Whole new priority given to ergonomics, usability, flexibility, and durability
- No unpleasantly cold components which may lead to cramp
- Reasonably priced
- Made in Germany = fast delivery of spare parts
- SPACE DRIVE technology complies with all relevant standards and directives in Europe
- Over 4,000 systems sold worldwide since 2001
- Connection for driving tuition panel
- ISO-certified and tested to ECE-R-79 and ECE-R13 TÜF
- ISO 26262
More information is available here.